Re: CORRECTION:SCA Alcohol Policy

Poster: Tom Brady <tabrady@mindspring.com>

At 02:33 PM 7/18/97 -0400, Tibor wrote:
>I dunno.  I've "heard" that once a brewers guild auctioned off "An Empty
>Box".  Turns out they left some bottles in it.

I've heard variations on this theme ("We're auctioning off this bottle of
grape juice, but it may have spoiled"). This is cute and all, but it's
still a violation of the law - you know there's alcohol in the bottle, the
buyer knows there's alcohol in the bottle, therefore it is the sale of
unlicensed alcohol, and it's illegal.

-Duncan, spoilsport