Re: Re[3]: SCA Alcohol Policy

Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>

  While the laws do tend to look like the proverbial Gordian knot, I
  believe that a homebrewer's sanctuary still resides here.  "I made
  it myself and donated it to the group--an educational, non-profit
  organization."

That is fine.  I doubt you can take a tax credit for it, however, as it has
no commercial value.  You cannot sell it, afat hall.

What the new regulations are saying, is that while the above is legal, the
SCA cannot do anything with that donation but cook with it, or throw it
out.

  I don't believe we are afoul of the law--but we may yet be afoul of
  the BoD.  Tibor, would you call that a sad state of affairs?

I prefer it to the converse.  (:-)  The Board is a dog with very little
bite.

	Tibor  (Once bitten, not deat red.  :-)