heraldic rate increase

Poster: Beverly Robinson-Curry <corvus2@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>

This is my letter for the September _Acorn_...

Unto the good people of Atlantia, does Lady Rhiannon ui Neill, Triton
Principal Herald, send greetings and ADVANCE WARNING!!!

We have received notice that effective January 1, 1998, Laurel will be
raising its rates for heraldic submissions.  For this reason, Atlantia must
raise its rates from $8.00 per element to $10.00 per element, also effective
January 1st.  There will still be a $1.00 discount for submitting a primary
name/device combination.

The money you pay for your heraldic submission covers a myriad of things...
Laurel's fees; copying costs; postage costs (mailing monthly LOI's and LOC's
to the 80+ members of the College of Arms; notification letters to
submitters; etc.); tons of Crayola markers (they don't last very long when
you are coloring all the submissions taken at a kingdom consult table);
reference materials for documentation; the bi-monthly heraldic newsletter;
printing and distribution of the heralds handbook, etc.

Atlantia's submission fees are NOT the highest in the Known World, nor will
they be with this increase.  However, this is your opportunity to get your
submission in before the rate increase takes effect and to take advantage of
the lower rate.  Submit now, save money!

Remaining always,

In Service to Atlantia and its Crown,

Lady Rhiannon Ui Neill
Triton Principal Herald, Atlantia