RE: Pay to vote

Poster: Caitlin Cheannlaidir <caitlin@phosphor-ink.com>

I personally would hate to see this.  I've been a paid member since 1990, the week afat hI came back from my first event.  But the fact that I'm a paid member has more to do with my fondness for the written word (I like getting the publications) than my activity level per se.  And this is a polling, not a "vote," so my guess is that the opinions voiced by houseplants and domestic pets probably don't weigh all that heavily.

I don't think that paid membership signifies much in terms of participation.  If you are concerned about limiting participation in pollings to active folks, it would make more sense to only distribute pollings at events, or require folks to supply SASE if they want one, or let the seneschal hand them out to the folks s/he thinks work hard enough to deserve a voice.  But limiting it to those who pay tribute to Milpitas doesn't gethyou there.

=Caitlin Cheannlaidir