Correction (was: Poll Tax)

Poster: "Ed Hopkins" <Ed.Hopkins@MCI.Com>

>I advise against half measures. Simply changing the law to
>require seneschals to poll only members will _not_ effect the
>change you seek. You must also change the law to require that a
>newly crowned Sovereign and Consort must solemnly vow that
>whenever anyone begins to counsel them on baronial succesion they
>will quit the conversation until the gentle shows a valid
>membership card, and that they will not read any letters sent to
>them without a mailing label from a recent Acorn enclosed.

Someone has advised me, privately, that many fine, upstanding,
paid members of SCA, Incorporated, do not receive Acorn.  These
Associate Members contribute even more to the Corporation than
do Sustaining Members, because none of their dues goes towards
magazines and newsletters.

I now advise that their Majesties' flappers only permit TRM to
read letters that contain the phrase, "I give my word that I hold
a current paid membership in The Society for Creative Anachronism,
Inc."  This should suffice for proof in an honor-bound Society.

-- Alfredo el Bufon