Re: Pennsic - road conditions

Poster: Dave Montuori <damont@wolfstar.com>

Scripsit Rhiannon et respondit Kendrick:
> > I checked for road construction towards Pennsic today and my route looks
> > fairly clear (big surprise!)...
> >
> > For those wishing to check their own routes, construction projects are
> > covered at the following site:
> >
> > http://rwa.metronetworks.com/rwadirect.html
>
> Well, according to AAA-Potomac, I-70 near Breezewood and the PA
> turnpike right after Breezewood are both under construction with
> delays likely to possible.  Oh well...

Having just traveled that exact route last week, I assure you AAA is right
on the money. It was more than 10 miles of single lousy-condition lane.

Because of that, on my return trip from Ohio, I took I-79 to PA 43 (50
cents toll) to US 40 east, over the mountains to Maryland and I-68. Folks
from Northern Atlantia may want to consider this route (in reverse) to
avoid the construction; however, the hills are steeper.

Evan