Re: Pennsic - road conditions

Poster: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace@acm.org>

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Scott Law wrote:

> Taking 68 all the way out doesn't add a huge amount of time, but
> Evan is probably correct (haven't been straight out 70 for ages, so I don't
> recall) that it is a bit steep in places.

You know, everyone always says that I-68 doesn't add "a huge amount of
time," but no one ever goes into specifics.  Looking at the map, it
seems to me that the PA turnpike, as much as people hate it is pretty
much the hypotenuse of a right triangle with I-68 as the bottom of it.
Now as any good geometry student knows the hypotenuse is the much
shorter length.  Even with construction, I think the turnpike will
remain the faster way.

Kendrick
 ---
             |                       lovelace@acm.org