RE: contemptuous laughter

Poster: rnjloll@ite.net (Richard Loll)

At 11:54 7/24/97 -0400, Barclay, Peter CPT wrote:
>What do you think would be a "better" form of Crown Tournament?   What
>about a tournament where both consorts had to participate?
[major clippage of various interesting ideas]
>lots more things could be added here to make the Royalty well rounded,
>but still require your sword arm to be King.
>Just some wild thoughts.

Hi, anyone up for inter-kingdom Anthropology?  Cool....

I live in (and administer as Seneschal for the next 30 days) the Palatine
Barony of the Far West, Kingdom of the West.  Our Barony chooses our
Baron/ess every six months by competition.  50% of the time the competition
is an A&S contest instead of a heavy weapons tourney.  Works very nicely,
thank you.  Of course, this would cause lots of problems for Kingdoms
anywhere... but for a Barony with a largely transitory military population
it works quite nicely...

Yours in enlightenment
Magnus

Ric and Joanne Loll		     Magnus McKinley & Michelina la Rosa D'Oro
rnjloll@ite.net		                   Fortelenza de Islas de las Velas Latinas
Guam, USA			        Kingdom of  The West, SCA Inc.
	All opinions expressed are done as simple, humble humans...
+~+    Honor: Do what you SAY, Say what you MEAN, Mean what you DO!      +~+