Unpadded pole arms

Poster: nix@iolinc.net (Tracy Malone)

I have fought off and on since 1975 in most places in the world with
several organization. I fight almost exclusively with a Polearm or
Single sword (pre-Sca Martial arts background) I can destroy a
cinderblock with a 7' unpadded staff but have never done more damage
than some really colorful bruises with a padded polearm. An Unpadded
staff is potentially fatal to light helms or underpadded chests or ribs.
I am especially concerned about leather gorets since the sword arm
shoulder is a very inviting target. A few inches off or you opponent
rotates and your into cervical vertabra