Re: Coronation and Pointless War

Poster: "Greg Lindahl" <lindahl@pbm.com>

> I believe that the name change was to try and make the event sound a
> little more important -- after all, 'Pointless War' does sound a little
> self-defeating (although I liked it better than 'Kingdon's Crusdae') . ;-)

The point of the "Pointless War" name was two-fold: to make clear that
the War was held in _friendship_ between the East and Atlantia, and to
point out that there were no "war points".

I personally dislike the occasional bad feelings exhibited over
winning and losing at Pennsic, and we're lucky to not be exposed to
the occasional long and involved arguments over "should A&S be a war
point?" "should bardic be a war point?". Hopefully the Kingdom Crusade
will not develop these two bad features.

-- gb