Mercenaries

Poster: teufel <teufel@erols.com>

>Morderyn (apologies if I spelled that wrong) wrote:
>> Atlantia doesn't hire mercenaries....
>
>I think it would be more precise to say the Crown of Atlantia does not
>hire mercenaries, and I don't see a reference in Master Malcolm's note
>about either the Crown or the Kingdom hiring mercenaries. His use of
>'we' in lower case could as easily suggest any individual hiring levies
>to fight, as was done all too often in period, even by the King.
>
>In service,
>Corun

        This is precisely correct.  While his Majesty Duke Cuan does not
like hiring mercenaries, he has not forbidden the hiring of mercenaries by
local groups.  As a mercenary myself, I can say that I have sold myself to
many Baronies in wars over the past several years.  The very first as I
recollect was to the Barony of Bright Hills at a northern war whose name
escapes me at the moment.  Bargained myself up to 16 cookies for that one.  :>
        Ahhh, fond memories.
                Frederich Von Teufel