Re: Mercenaries

Poster: Julien de Montfort <julien@spiaggia.org>

>         This is precisely correct.  While his Majesty Duke Cuan does not
> like hiring mercenaries, he has not forbidden the hiring of mercenaries by
> local groups.  As a mercenary myself, I can say that I have sold myself to
> many Baronies in wars over the past several years.  The very first as I
> recollect was to the Barony of Bright Hills at a northern war whose name
> escapes me at the moment.  Bargained myself up to 16 cookies for that one.  :>
>         Ahhh, fond memories.

Could have very well been a previous Pointless War, perhaps.  Our Barony
is well aware of the pressures and need of the modern medeival economy,
and the vital links the mercenaries, the cookies and the potables occupy
in this delicate scheme. ;-)

Julien de Montfort

Webminister to the Canton of Spiaggia Levantina,
of the Barony of Bright Hills

http://www.spiaggia.org