Re: cookie hoax

Poster: David KUIJT <kuijt@umiacs.umd.edu>

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Neil Maclay wrote:

> I remember a couple of times when the Mid hired the Atlantian
> army with cookies. The King at the time ate a good share before
> they got passed to the troops.

I'm afraid I disagree, Malcolm.  The first Atlantian Monarch to bring
Atlantia to fight for the Middle was Tsuneo.  The Middle did not "hire"
Atlantia in his reign, although it did provide a number of tokens of
respect and admiration.  The second Atlantian Monarch to fight for the
Middle was myself, two years later, and there was certainly no "hiring"
involved.  And, in fact, I don't believe that there were any cookies
involved either.  Both the Mid and the East attempted to woo the mighty
forces of fair Atlantia with numerous gifts and tokens of admiration; no
less than our due.  But none of it was payment for services.  And Atlantia
gave as many gifts as it received, at least in my reign.

Dafydd