Greetings all, I humbly request your assistance

Poster: "Porter, Timothy W." <Porter@alhrm.brooks.af.mil>

Greetings,

I'm sending out this message in the hope that some kind lady or gentle will
take pity on a wanderer and reply with assistance or possibly just a warm
smile and some pleasant conversation (not to say that unpleasant
conversation isn't appreciated, but it would seem rather rude since we don't
really know each other).  I do not imply that those out there who do not
respond with one of the aforementioned requests (assistance, smile, ...)
aren't also kind ladies or gentles.  I'm sure they are and I do apologize if
any offense is taken.  I simply ask that, of all the kind ladies and gentles
who may read this, some of them may respond.

This discussion has gone some time now without formal introduction, so I
will endeavor to correct this error.  I, that is to say the one writing this
message, am Cedric Guy Ramsey of Bjornsborg, Ansteorra.  About a year ago, I
found myself in the barony and kingdom I have had the pleasure of already
mentioning.  That day, the one over a year ago of which I have already
spoken, began a rather interesting tale, although I will refrain from
relating its rather lengthy, although exciting, history , which has
culminated in the writing of this correspondence (the one you are currently
reading) to the above mentioned ladies and gentles, that is to say the ones
who may find themselves reading it.

A little more than three months hence, that being sometime at the end of
January, I will be leaving Bjornsborg, my current residence and traveling to
Tir-y-Don (it is a grand thing that you do not need to know how to pronounce
a word to communicate it in writing).  This travel will take longer than 3
days but certainly not more than 7.  However, this travel is not the
substance of this message, indeed I must emphasize that my main purpose is
to address the circumstances surrounding my arrival in Atlantia and then
further into Tir-y-Don.  Upon such arrival, I will establish some residence
and begin conduct life on a semi-permanent basis.  The length of which is as
yet undetermined, but certainly well over a year and possibly as many as 3.
 However, I will find myself in a new barony in a new kingdom with no
friends (and no enemies either, not to say that I have many now, but it is
not nice to be in a place where one has no enemies at all) and in fact not
even a contact who may be able to guide me into the new community.
 Certainly I could address these concerns to the local officials, those
being your local officials or those officials local to Tir-y-Don not my
local officials who may not be able to help me and in fact may be rather hot
to learn that I will be leaving their own local area.  And in fact I will
address these concerns to the local officials, again, those being the same
local officials as I have just explained.  However, such business like and
formal procedures are not always sufficient to make one feel accepted and
truly apart.  I therefore find myself in the Merry Rose trying to establish
some friendship or even acquaintance that may serve to help guide my
progress into your community.  And possibly even establish some degree of
comradery or companionship, I dare say maybe even a friendship, before I
even arrive.

This being the end of the letter of which you have been a most diligent
reader, it is time for me to again state the primary business for which I
find myself writing.  That business, as was stated originally at the
beginning of this message and then several times between then and now, is to
seek assistance, a warm smile and pleasant conversation..

Yours truly in all things,

Cedric Guy Ramsey