Re: scribe win (long)

Poster: Heather Swann <swannh@psi.com>

At 12:32 PM 10/24/97 -0400, Teri Nava-Vaughn wrote:

>Poster: Teri Nava-Vaughn <navavaughn@geocities.com>
>
>Just because Kevin asked...
>
>Costs estimates based on my last trip to the local art store:
>
>Papers--Pad of Acid-free Bristol: $12+, Vellum: $45+
>Nib: $2+
>Ink: $5+
>Brushes: $5-25 (mine tend to range closer to $12 each)
>Gouache: $4-8 per tube
>Gold leaf: depends on the composition $7-40
>Etc., etc.
>
>I'd recommend presenting scribes with paper, as this is what they go
>through the fastest and are not as picky about as, say, the types of
>brushes they use.  Should I be so crass as to suggest a gift
>certificate?  I think I'd jump around in a thrilled stupor showing
>everyone, should someone be so kind and generous as to do that for a
>scribe.  Actually, I did do that last time someone did that for
>me...:-)
>Okay, I'll shut up now...

I'd have to say don't buy me paper.....I AM picky about it.  However, the
idea of a gift certificate to.....oh my gosh, the perfect place in this
area, Kevin, would be Pearl.  In artist's terms it is a Mecca!  I think any
scribe in this area would flip if you gave them that!  Seriously!  It is a
thoughtful gift, and that way they can get just what they need!  Kudos for
that suggestion, 'C'!  ;)

Miri