Re: scribe win (long)

Poster: Teri Nava-Vaughn <navavaughn@geocities.com>

Just because Kevin asked...

Costs estimates based on my last trip to the local art store:

Papers--Pad of Acid-free Bristol: $12+, Vellum: $45+
Nib: $2+
Ink: $5+
Brushes: $5-25 (mine tend to range closer to $12 each)
Gouache: $4-8 per tube
Gold leaf: depends on the composition $7-40
Etc., etc.

I'd recommend presenting scribes with paper, as this is what they go
through the fastest and are not as picky about as, say, the types of
brushes they use.  Should I be so crass as to suggest a gift
certificate?  I think I'd jump around in a thrilled stupor showing
everyone, should someone be so kind and generous as to do that for a
scribe.  Actually, I did do that last time someone did that for
me...:-)
Okay, I'll shut up now...