Re: Pennsic Sobriquets

Poster: Dave Montuori <damont@wolfstar.com>

> Hello, All!  I'm just sitting here at work trying to think of the names of
> the various Pennsics.....can anyone help fill this in?  There have been so
> many, they all run together in my memory....I know one of these is the one
> during which the Dragon Ate the Moon....I think it was in '85, but I'm not
> sure.....it was a cool astronomical event...
>
> I....
> II...
> III...
> IV...Pennsic Puddle

I thought Four was the Pennsic Flood... when the hurricane went through.

> V....
> VI...

Six is what I've always heard called the Pennsic Puddle: first one at
Cooper's Lake, with the Boy Scout Jamboree at More Rain (Moraine) State
Park next door.

> VII...
> VIII...Pennsic Pour
> IX....
> X.....
> XI...
> XII...
> XIII...Taxman Cometh
> XIV....

Fourteen was in '85 so maybe this was Dragon Ate the Moon?

> XV...Dragon Ate the Moon
> XVI....
> XVII....
> XVIII....
> XIX....
> XX....
> XXI.....
> XXII....

I recall something about a Desert Storm reference (this was a hot+dry war)

> XXIII...Mud War

a/k/a A River Runs Through It...