Re: The Rumor about Triton

Poster: Dave Montuori <damont@wolfstar.com>

On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, our current Triton Principal Herald (mka Beverly
Robinson-Curry) wrote:

> It has come to my attention, that the most recent issue of the Baelfire
> Dunn newsletter announces that I am stepping down as Triton.
> Since this newsletter has wide distribution throughout the kingdom, I felt
> it might be best to post that this information is incorrect.

*I* should certainly hope so!

> Either someone has become confused about the fact that I am soliciting
> applications for a deputy or that the submissions herald is changing and
> Lord Evan will be taking over that position.  I suspect the latter, as the
> blurb goes on to say that my resignation will affect submissions.

Which would not have been the case even if she were stepping down, as she
isn't doing the submissions.

> So, to summarize:
> 1.  I am not resigning my position at this time and currently plan to
> fulfill my full term of office, barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Which, I wish to point out, does not stop a successor from being named.
Atlantia has a heraldic title for that (Nereid Herald), but the time frame
for Nereid taking over from the outgoing Triton is not set. Rhiannon was
Nereid for a year, if I recall correctly; Herveus was Nereid for about
four months.

So, applications for the Nereid position, who is designated to succeed
Triton at a time to be determined later (NOT now), are being accepted,
but that really has nothing to do with when Rhiannon steps down, and it
REALLY REALLY has nothing to do with submissions. Which, I might add,
local heralds should now be sending in my direction and not Herveus's.

Evan da Collaureo
Golden Dolphin Herald Designate
P.O. Box 220414
Chantilly VA  20153-0414
(Watch this space for new G.D. website and email URLS, coming soon!)