Driving to Unevent and Curia - more new directions

Poster: Thomas Hudson <hudson@cs.unc.edu>

  Well, there isn't anything on campus that conflicts with Unevent,
but it turns out that Saturday morning the Chapel Hill/Carrboro
Christmas Parade is going to start on the corner of campus that the
directions for driving in from 86 crossed.

There should be detour signs up.  However, it might be easier to stay
on I-40 all the way to 54 and follow the directions in that way.
Alternative route:

  From I-40 or I-85 get on 15-501 South towards Chapel Hill.  <If you
got on at I-85, you've got more than 10 miles to go, much of it
stoplights> Exit just before an overpass onto Franklin St /
Business 15-501.  Take Franklin St. up the hill toward downtown
Chapel Hill;  turn left onto Raleigh Rd.  Go two blocks to the end
(at South Road), turn right onto South Road, and then turn left into
the Bell Tower parking lot.

If you miss the Franklin St. exit from 15-501 you can turn right at
the next stoplight, cut through the shopping center parking lot, and
turn left onto Franklin St. at the far side.  Or go through three or
four stoplights to the onramp where 54 merges;  get off 15-501 there
in the direction marked "Towards UNC" and you will end up on South Rd.;
pass the gyms and the bell tower and turn left into the Bell Tower
parking lot.

If you know anybody locally who needs this information (coming from
the west or even perhaps I-85), please try to distribute it locally.

Thanks.

Giovan Donato
(919) 967-6526;  hudson@cs.unc.edu
Kappellenberg, Windmasters' Hill, Atlantia