Re: Flash photography (was Re: coins)

Poster: "Jessica Wilbur" <jessica@pop.net>

> Actually it is Kingdom Law:

<snip>

>      12.1.3 The use of flash bulbs is forbidden in the central area of a
>      Society event, being defined as any area where people must be present
>      in order to participate in the event, such as the hall where a feast
>      or court is taking place. The autocrat shall be responsible for
>      defining the boundaries of the central area and should be consulted
>      before any photography using flash bulbs takes place. Photography
>      with flash bulbs is permitted in the interior of a pavilion only with
>      the owner's permission, but only if this use of a flash bulb will not
>      disturb anyone in the main area of an event. It is hoped that anyone
>      taking photographs at any time will first obtain permission from
>      those being photographed as a matter of courtesy.

Hmm... wish I'd known that specific part when I was at Dun Carraig's
investiture... I was really rather annoyed by the two individuals who were
taking many flash pictures during court, right up front... I'm kind of
kicking myself for not diplomatically mentioning it to the autocrat...
Oh, well... now I know what to quote. =)

--Muireann