Bawdy Songs (was Re: Belching (was Re: Persona Crap))

Poster: "Brett W. McCoy" <bmccoy@lan2wan.com>

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Harris, Karen wrote:

> Oh, and by the way, the next Needlework Night at my place is going to
> be the second Tuesday in January (the 27th) ... if requested, I'll
> gladly play any part of THE ART OF THE BAWDY SONG or SO QUICK, SO
> HOT, SO MAD: ELIZABETHAN BAWDY SONGS on the stereo ... :)

I recently acquired some old records made in the 50s, the first set of
vinyl being 3 volumes entitled "Bawdy Songs and Backroom Ballads",
performed by Oscar Brand -- it contains both modern and not so modern
songs.  The second set, also three volumes, is more geared towards period
music, called "When Dalliance Was in Flower", performed by Ed McCurdy.
Lots of new songs I hope to be singing at the next Bardic Circle I happen
upon.

In Service,

Istvan Dragosani
                         http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/1038