Cathanar 13th Night

Poster: Sherry Hintze <chhintze@bmd.clis.com>

The Shire of Cathanar's 13th Night
Saturday, January 17, 1988

The Shire of Cathanar invites one and all to join us in our annual
celebration of the end of the Yule season.  We welcome you to an evening of
feasting, fun and frolic - there will be a variety of games and
entertainment including Morgan's Bottle-Jousting, the ever-popular Tavern
Song contest, Cathanar's Cut-Throat Gift Exchange, children's activities, a
treasure chest raffle and more (did we mention the Fools Court?).  The
Feasting will commence at 7 PM, and we will round out the evening with lots
of dancing and a bardic circle.  There is plenty of on site crash space, so
bring your bed roll!!  (Sorry, no tent space is available.)

The site is Hancock Lodge, aboard MCAS Cherry Point in Havelock, NC.  We
will open the site at 11 a.m. and it will close promptly at 9 am Sunday
morning.  Although the site is very wet, we are guests on a military
installation so it is very important that we do not drink and drive.
Hence, we will be running a shuttle to homes and hotels in the local area
for those who do not wish to stay on site.

If you preregister by January 5, the cost of this event is $5.00 for
adults, 1/2 price for children 5-12, children under 5 are out guests.  At
the door, the cost will be $7.00 for adults, $3.00 for children 5 and up.
If you would like to participate in the gift exchange, bring a wrapped gift
(under $10, please).

DIRECTIONS:  Take your best route to Hwy 70 in Havelock.
FROM THE WEST, take 70 east into town, turn left at the Hwy 101 junction
(there are 2 left-turn lanes at this light).  At the next light take
another left - this will take you through the main gate at MCAS Cherry
Point.  Tell the gate guard that you are with the SCA and are attending an
event at Hancock Lodge.  Stay on Roosevelt Blvd - DO NOT TURN.  You will
pass through 5 stop lights.  Roughly 1 mile after the last light you will
see the sign for Hancodck Lodge, and an SCA sign.  Turn right there and
follow the road down to the lodge.
FROM THE EAST, turn right on Hwy 101 and follow the same directions.

RSVP:  For more information, contact Thyra Stefans (Debra Roberson) at
(919)-444-2878.  Call to preregister, or send information to PO Box 574,
Newport, NC 28570.
[You may also email me (Lady Kat) at chhintze@bmd.clis.com for more info,
but turnaround time may be slow.  I cannot take reservations electronically.]