Re: Northern Principality Organizational Meeting January 11

Poster: Caitlin Cheannlaidir <caitlin@phosphor-ink.com>

At 05:44 PM 1/6/98 -0500, David KUIJT wrote:

>Dafydd ap Gwystl greets Atlantia!

<snip>

 The purpose of
>this meeting is to start the ball rolling towards creating a full proposal
>for a Northern principality in Atlantia, with the future intent of
>bringing the proposal in front of the populace for them to approve, or
>disapprove, in a formal polling.

Do I correctly understand from the above that the purpose of the meeting is
to formulate a proposal, not to discuss the question of whether moving in
this direction is a good or bad idea?  Thus, only (in Duke Galmr's terms)
pro-Principality folks and fence-sitters need attend?  I can see advantages
to that approach (when a yea vs. nay debate is held, eventually, everyone
will be focusing on the same proposal) but on the other hand it seems
likely to disguise the actual evolving balance of opinion.

--Caitlin Cheannlaidir
  caitlin@phosphor-ink.com