Re: Heraldic question

Poster: Erik Dutton <edutton@worldnet.att.net>

Corun MacAnndra wrote:

> Poster: Corun MacAnndra <corun@access.digex.net>
>
> Greetings unto the Heralds gathered at Cheapside.
>
> I cannot find, in either Fox-Davies or the OED, a definition of fimbriated.
> What does it look like on, say, a bend? For example, on a bend fimbriated...

I actually have a bend (sinister) fimbriated on my arms - it consists of
two narrow lines on either side of the bend (argent in this case, to
separate the sable bend from the gules field). Let me see if I can
illustrate:

\\   \\
 \\ b \\
  \\ e \\
   \\ n \\
    \\ d \\
     \\   \\
      \\   \\
       ^
fimbriation

Hope this helps!

You can also go to my homepage:
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/1364
and look at the background to see my device...

--
In service,
Rhodri ap Hywel