Re: Heraldic question

Poster: Gilly <KatieMorag@worldnet.att.net>

At 07:14 3-2-98 -0500, Corun MacAnndra wrote:
>Greetings unto the Heralds gathered at Cheapside.
>
>I cannot find, in either Fox-Davies or the OED, a definition of fimbriated.
>What does it look like on, say, a bend? For example, on a bend fimbriated...
>Other forms like wavy and nebuly and lozengy and embattled I can find.

I know several people have already answered one, but let me offer one
concrete example.  Surely everyone in Atlantia is familiar with the
Confederate battle flag?

       Gules, on a saltire azure fimbriated thirteen mullets argent

Slainte -

Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie       Argent, a chevron cotised azure
Dun an Leomhainn Bhig                surmounted by a sword and in chief
Canton of Dragon's Aerie             two mullets sable