Heraldic question

Poster: Corun MacAnndra <corun@access.digex.net>

Unto the heralds inhabiting the Rose, greetings (a dexter hand wavy).

This question can actually be answered by anyone from Crannog Mor who also
happens to be here.

I have the blazon for the arms of the Canton of Crannog Mor, and they are
given thus; sable, two bears combattant and on a chief indented argent,
three laurel wreaths gules.

My question is, how are the bears standing? I know that combattant means
they are facing each other, HOWEVER, doesn't their stance have to be
specified? Are the statant, rampant, couchant, passant, naiant (ok, that
would be a seabear)? Or is there some generic stance for bears that doesn't
require mention? The blazon as I have given it above is right out of the
online armorial (cut and paste is your friend).

My thanks for your assistance in helping the heraldically impaired.

In service,
Corun