Re: Personal Book Question

Poster: Julien de Montfort <julien@spiaggia.org>

> > I'll go on record as a half-point to either side.  If a book is old,
> > rare, well night-irreplacable or very fragile, then I treat it with
> > the utmost care (one I keep in a plastic bag because it is nearing
> > disintegration...).
>
> <sounds of former archivist choking on her morning coffee>
>
> <conservatorial rant/>
>
> Julien, take that poor book out of that plastic bag RIGHT NOW!  The odds
> are very good that the plastic bag is not chemically inert, and will be

No worries, my dear lady -- the bag is one I had originally gotten for
storing comic books in, and is indeed chemically inert.  However, your
suggestion of using a cloth wrapping is well heeded, and I may be
doing that for a couple of the ones I have which are way too large for
the bags I have left...

Julien

Seigneur Julien de Montfort de Bourgogne       "Pean, tres amphorae et
Ministre de Toille                           un caid palissade argent"
Canton de Spiaggia Levantina            Solum Dice Nullus Sunt Suficio
de la Baronnie des Coteaux Brillant                julien@spiaggia.org
de le Royaume d'Atlantia                       http://www.spiaggia.org