Re: A Simple Request...

Poster: "Beverly Robinson-Curry" <corvus2@worldnet.att.net>

> >Perhaps, at a future event, there can be a large class (or several
throughout
> >the day) of the same classes, as reminders, and that everyone attend at
least
> >once to remind themselves of what it is like to be kind, caring, and
> >mannerable regardless if they are peers or not
>
> <more snipping>
>
> Could we have this? I think it would be a great idea for the "old-timers"
> as a reminder, but also for all of us new people to learn them in the
first
> place.

We have held courtesy classes many times here in Sacred Stone at our
Runestone Collegium, taught by our own beloved founding baroness, Susan
Douglas of Andover (which was last weekend, BTW), but classes can be held
at ANY event...  Years ago, early morning classes on various subjects were
quite common at many events, but as things go, so too has this seemed to
pass...

I still try to occasionally teach field heraldry classes at some events.
If you wish to see courtesy (or other) classes at events, then (1) ask the
autocrat if they can provide them; or (2) offer to teach one...

You can also hold them at your weekly meetings or A&S nights...  Just ask
someone whose behaviour you admire if they would do a short presentation on
event courtesy at your next meeting...

Lady Rhiannon ui Neill
Triton Principal Herald
House Corvus, Sacred Stone