Re: Period Game boards

Poster: Nancy Davis <nancyad@mindspring.com>

At 03:06 PM 2/24/98 -0500, you wrote:
Milord,
Are you asking for information on the games themselves or the craft
techniques used in period?
If it is the games themselves, there is a wonderful book by Salaamallah the
Corpulent (mka Jeffrey A. DeLuca) called Medieval Games. If you are in
Marinus, as your name implies, someone there must surely have a copy. Lord
Rabah, kingdom chronicler, comes to mind as a "game-y" :-) sort of person.
This is not as quick as a web page, however.

Ysolt

>Poster: Josh <dungeon@norfolk.infi.net>
>
>Greetings,
>  I was wondering if any lord or lady of this list would know where Period
>Game Board Designs may be found on the web.  I wish to make period boards
>made as they where in period. Wether this be homespun fabric for 9 man
>morris or peice of pale leather for pente I would like to know.
>Thanks
>Tristan
>AKA Myrddin of Marinus (soon to be changed)

Nancy A. Davis
nancyad@mindspring.com

Lady Ysolt la Bretonne
Royal Bard, Atlantia