Re: Period Game boards

Poster: "Greg Lindahl" <lindahl@pbm.com>

>   I was wondering if any lord or lady of this list would know where Period
> Game Board Designs may be found on the web.  I wish to make period boards
> made as they where in period. Wether this be homespun fabric for 9 man
> morris or peice of pale leather for pente I would like to know.

The best page about authentic games that I know of is:

http://www.inmet.com/~justin/game-hist.html

However, it doesn't have much in the way of illustrations of boards.

Pente, btw, is fairly modern.

And while I'm at it, I should mention the historical games mailing list,
which may be subscribed to by sending mail to majordomo@pbm.com saying

subscribe hist-games

There's an archive of past postings on Justin's page.

-- Gregory Blount