Re: Period Games of All Sorts

Poster: rmhowe <magnusm@ncsu.edu>

Josh wrote:

> Poster: Josh <dungeon@norfolk.infi.net>
>
> Greetings,
>   I was wondering if any lord or lady of this list would know where Period
> Game Board Designs may be found on the web.  I wish to make period boards
> made as they where in period. Wether this be homespun fabric for 9 man
> morris or peice of pale leather for pente I would like to know.
> Thanks
> Tristan
> AKA Myrddin of Marinus (soon to be changed)

Since so many people play games, I keep a list of them on
my Medieval Bookmarks. Here are some of the more useful
ones, not just board games, but games also suitable to
events.

Having recently learned to cut and paste web addresses these
should all be correct and were up and running today.

Tristan, you should check the bottom one first.

http://www-cs.canisius.edu/~salley/articles.html#games
Dagonells games page

http://www-cs.canisius.edu/~salley/articles.html#games
Game of Merels

http://members.iex.net/~norseman/games.html
Page of various games and contests

http://www.ftech.net/~regia/games.htm
Games of the Viking and Anglo-Saxon Age

http://www.inmet.com/~justin/holme.html
Games from Holmes Academy of Armory 1688

http://www.inmet.com/~justin/justin_bib.html
Justin's Games Bibliography

http://www.inmet.com/~justin/game-hist.html
Medieval and Rennaissance Games Page

http://www.ahs.uwaterloo.ca/~museum/index.html
Museum and Archive of Games from Waterloo, Canada

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PSNeeley/
P.S.Neeley's Ancient Games

http://math.bu.edu/INDIVIDUAL/jeffs/primero.html
Primero: A Renaissance Cardgame

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/andrew.cmu.edu/org/Medieval/www/src/contributed/grm/games/piquet.html
Royal and Delightful Game of Piquet

http://www.netlink.co.uk/users/pagat/alpha.html#k
Alphabetical Rules of Cardgames

http://www.inmet.com/~justin/game-rules.html
Rules to Period Games

http://users.aol.com/maist/17cgames.htm
Some 17th Century Games

http://www.expomedia.se/tablut/eng/
Tablut / Hnefatafl - this one plays with you, from Sweden.

http://www.expomedia.se/tablut/eng/
Viking Answer Lady's Page on Kings Table and other games
Which is probably  -what- you are looking for.

Magnus Malleus, Windmasters' Hill, Atlantia and the GDH