chivalrous manners

Poster: Beiskaldi@aol.com

  I have been reading (and saying) all the thoughts about rudeness &
chivalry/courtesy at events, and just wanted to share a cute story about a
friend of mine that shows that there are still chivalrous gentles in our
society.

  A couple Pennsics ago, a campmate of mine was lugging a ton of stuff up
Runestone Hill from our campsite to Atlantian court.  Keep in mind that she is
a little bitty thing, unlike the 'robust' nordic person that I am, and
unbeknownst to everyone except herself and her lord was pregnant at the time.
Several unknown lords walking by noticed her, offered their assistance and
removed everything from her arms, so that all she had to take up to the field
was herself.  Not only did they carry her entire burden, but they also set it
all up for her where and how she wanted.

  I only hope that I can be more like those gentles every once in a while.

Thyra