Re: On Courtesy Classes

Poster: Corun MacAnndra <corun@access.digex.net>

Izofgold wrote:

>Now along with this, what ever happend to people being escorted into court?
>Or how about the dropping of weapons before approaching the thrones,
>etc...these mannerisms too have gone astray.

Escorting someone, especially a Lady, into court is still done, though
admittedly not as frequently as it could. However, at Stierbach's
investiture this past weekend I saw Lord Alaric get up to escort a Lady who
was already being escorted. The Gentlemen of Stierbach were nearly falling
over themselves, such was the courtesy I saw that day.

As for the dropping of weapons, while this is a courteous, it is not really
what is being discussed here as Courtesy, and is more a tradition than
anything else. I don't know if it's Western Rite or Eastern Heresy <g>.
Could just be Midrealm fussiness, since that's where I first encountered
it. And it can be taken to an extreme, as members of the Horde since the
days of Yang have been known to enter the court of a king and spend five
minutes divesting themselves of their steel. Be careful what you ask for.

In service,
Corun