Re: On Fealty

Poster: Jeffrey Sussman <jsussman@pop.erols.com>

Greetings from Richard!

Fealty in the SCA is a slippery concept.

In Atlantia, Fealty is very flexible.  Each individual can craft their
oath (or promise if you don't like the word oath) to include whatever
elements are desired.  If you talk to a dozen different peers and barons
and baronesses you'll hear some common themes but won't hear any single
thing mentioned by them all and will hear some unique thing from each
person.  We should avoid making any rash generalizations about what
fealty means when each individual is customizing their bond to the
kingdom.
--
Yours in Service,
Duke Richard Fitzgilbert,