courtesy

Poster: Janine H Sutter <jsutter@scotland.ces.state.nc.us>

Greetings!  Just thought I would add my 2 cents worth to this
discussion.  I have been in the SCA for 3 years or so.  Before I joined,
my opinion was that chivalry was dead and men were scum!  I had male
friends, but had resigned myself to living with my cats for the rest of
my life and eventually being one of those little old ladies that children
run from.  When I went to my first SCA stuff night, I was very
uncomfortable as everyone starting hugging me and being very friendly.
This went against my very strong opinions about men!  They were opening
doors for me, carrying things, getting my beverage-WOW!  I was hooked.
After only a month or so, my opinion began to change.  Chivalry is not
dead, at least not in the SCA.  AND, my experiences in the SCA have led
me to notice when people do nice things in the mundane half of my life.
I even got married!  While there are people in the SCA who are not as
kind as one would hope, I sincerely believe that we have a group of the
nicest people society can offer!  In Service, Kari Kyst

--
Janine Honey Sutter
E-Mail  : jsutter@scotland