Re: Awards and all that...

Poster: Jessica Rechtschaffer <jsrechts@email.unc.edu>

Mordrea said...

 A system can only work as well as the people who are involved
> in it are willing to put into it. It is amazing that there are so many
> people out there who do wonderful works of art or science and who are
> over and above normal service but are looked over by the people always
> around them for whatever reason. The award system we have in place right
> now will work much better if Their Majesties and Their Heirs as well as
> appropriate Barons and Baronesses were flooded with award
> recommendations. Each of us who have been around for a few years to
> many, many years should look around our area and see who is doing what
> and find out for Their Majesties who has what. Each person's opinion
> counts. Their Majesties and Their Highnesses want and need the support
> of the populace to be able to know who to give awards to.

This has nothing to do with my grand scheme for awards.  Re-read the
post.  I pointed out that the current designations of the names of awards
are skewed.  There is nothing wrong with rewarding people.  But, I think
it should reflect the medieval system a little better.

But, I do think that more people should recognize the quiet work of others
and recommend them for recognition to the various barons/esses, Queen,
King etc. etc.

Lyanna