Re: Awards and all that...

Poster: Julien de Montfort <julien@spiaggia.org>

> You have my vote. As someone fairly new to all this (new member of Longship
> Co. & Ostik Vikings), my question is why cann't the awards be given the names
> of real awards of the period. Just curious.

Probably because of the presumptuousness of bestowing such an award.
I can imagine a lot of people getting upset over an SCA being inducted
into the SCadian "Order of the Garter" or "Order of the Golden
Fleece".  Period awards would probably fall along the same lines (not
to mention the fact that a good number of them may still be in
existance in some form).

Julien