Re: Awards and all that...

Poster: Odinson13 <Odinson13@aol.com>

In a message dated 98-03-02 18:50:26 EST, Lyanna writes:

<< OK here's my view of awards in the SCA.  If I were absolute ruler of the
 SCA this is what I would do: >>

You have my vote. As someone fairly new to all this (new member of Longship
Co. & Ostik Vikings), my question is why cann't the awards be given the names
of real awards of the period. Just curious.

I also tend to think if a king or prince is going to chosen in combat, it
should be by meele. Although Irish celts chose leaders sometimes in single
combat, European crowns usually require civil war if heredity was ruled out.

War is so charming to a viking after all.

In Service,
Odinson

What say you Lady Ashling?