Re: Awards and all that...

Poster: "Angela K. Pincha-Neel" <angela@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com>

Julien de Montfort wrote:

> Poster: Julien de Montfort <julien@spiaggia.org>
>
> > <majority snipped...>
> > > But in all seriousness, our awards
> > > system is very flawed as it stands.
> > >
> > > Lyanna
> >
> > The award system itself is not "very flawed". It is not working as it
> > should as Her Royal Highness Seonaid pointed out because not enough
> <snippage>
> >
> > -Mordrea-
>
> With all due espect to your post (which includes some very good
> points, and I think I shall take you up on your 'challenge' to send in
> two recommendations; I have been lax recently ;->), I think Lyanna's
> post was more on the hierarchy and terminology of the awards system in
> the SCA as opposed to the actual implementation therein.

Oops... sorry Lyanna... (Julien, good point...)

It was not my intention to say that your idea was a poor one... indeed
you did something many people do not do... you pointed out something you
feel is incorrect and you posed a solution... I salute you.

My commentary was not "against" your idea, in fact, it was against
nothing. I, in all my wisdom or lack therein, feel that the assessment
that the award system is very flawed is not entirely correct.

I re-submit my challenge to everyone on this list to send Their Royal
Highnesses two recommendations for awards this week... it'll make
Coronation more memorable for more individuals...

-Mordrea-