Re: Awards and all that...

Poster: Odinson13 <Odinson13@aol.com>

In a message dated 98-03-03 12:40:31 EST, Julien writes:

<< Probably because of the presumptuousness of bestowing such an award.
 I can imagine a lot of people getting upset over an SCA being inducted
 into the SCadian "Order of the Garter" or "Order of the Golden
 Fleece".  Period awards would probably fall along the same lines (not
 to mention the fact that a good number of them may still be in
 existance in some form). >>

Of course, you are right. From Magnus's Medieval TV listings I learnrd that
The Knights Templar are still around. Although I imagine for one interested in
Crusades, myself sometimes included, Being a Knight Templar would be a fine
thing. They of course might beg to differ, and be backed up by mundane law no
less.

The viking yeilds, although I still like the Idea on paper. Choosing a ruler
by battle, (I beg Their majesties pardon here) would be more realistic IMO.

In Service To the Crown (anyway)
Odinson