Eddy II

Poster: Jessica Rechtschaffer <jsrechts@email.unc.edu>

Odinson made the comment about the son of Edward I swinging a sword of a
different type.

Yup.  Edward II was gay.  He was also a bad king because he surrounded
himself with incompetant and greedy favorites which angered the nobility.
He also inherited a number of problems from his father, most notably, an
empty treasury and continuing problems in Scotland.

Edward II died (probably murdered) after his wife, Isabella and her lover,
Mortimer, took the throne by conquest and placed Edward's and Isabella's
son Edward III on the throne.

It's said that Edward II was killed by having a red hot poker shoved up
his ass.  We don't know if this is true or not.  The less colorful account
was that he died of malnutrition during his captivity.

Moral of the story... Don't give favorites a lot of power or get the
baronage angry.  It's checks and balances of a different sort.

Lyanna