Re: Pavilions Search

Poster: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace@acm.org>

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Marybeth Lavrakas wrote:

> While I can't halp you with finding a used pavillion, I can tell you that
> Panther tents are generally the least expensive new pavillions you will
> find.  Good quality, too, and they have several different payment options.
> You'd still be dropping many hundreds of dollars, of course, but you save
> if you construct your own poles instead of purchasing their 'set-up'
> package.

Let me add another voice to the Panther crowd.  My lady and I bought
one before Pennsic and made our own poles.  It worked great.  If you
do make your own poles, however, you may want to buy the pole sleeve
from them that allows your center pole (depending on the tent you get)
to be two pieces.  The center of our tent is 16 feet high.  By using
the sleeve, we only have to carry around two 8 foot center sections.

Lord Kendrick Wayfarer
---
             |                       lovelace@acm.org
             |\                       Arlington, VA
             |/      Per chevron argent and azure, a wolf passant
             |     sable between three compass roses counterchanged.

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and little children shout;
But there is no joy in Mudville -- mighty Casey has struck out.

			From "Casey at the Bat"
			By Ernest Lawrence Thayer (1863-1940)