Re: chivalry / no "watch list"

Poster: Logan & Arielle <sirlogan@mail.clt.bellsouth.net>

Due, in part, to the sheer numbers (or lack of) of the Chiv. there
really is no reason to have a watch list.  Contrary to what some think
this Kingdom is not a big one and it is easy to recognize those in a
particular field (namely fighting in this case) that are doing great
things.  The Chiv. is also limited in the numbers of people who can
achieve it's high standards.  Standards such as speed, ability,
athleticism, hand/eye coordination, strength etc. are not things that
can be "learned" in the same way as the arts of cooking, creation of
art, creation of garb, painting, singing, dancing etc. Such is the case
with, say, the Laurel.  For example, if Her Majesty asked He "hey what
do you think My chances are at becoming/growing into, a Knight?"  I
would say "sweetie ya know how much I love you, but I would probably be
skating on top of hell with the devil (get it? a cold day in.... never
mind) before that would happen.  "But why?", She would ask. Well for one
very simple reason, She is not physically strong enough.  She also is
not athletic enough.  Could She become either of those?  Sure, maybe,
but I doubt it.  That (in Her case) is reality folks.  Some people just
have some (or many) obstacles in front of them. (Don't start sending
replies to this saying "well what about the Knight with one leg, no
hand, who is deaf and blind in one eye?" or "so Logan are you saying
that women can't become Knights?").  So to directly answer your question
Melys there are a couple of reasons why the Chiv. don't use any sort of
"watch list" and I am sure that there are many more (which you may hear
about soon, I'm sure).  Besides all that, your nose usually belongs in
places it doesn't understand if you are only seeking answers for your
edification.

Logan