RE: Number of Peers (was: recognizing peers)

Poster: E L Wimett <SILVERDRAGON@Charleston.Net>

Poster: "Karen Lyons-McGann" <dvkld.dev@mhs.unc.edu>

>> Can a person be more than one?  I think I know they can, but now must ask
>> to make sure.  It makes the numbers a little less precise.

Sure can.  I am both a Pelican and a Laurel.  I can think of quite a few folks that belong to more than one order, e.g. Laeghaire and Michael who are both knights and Laurels, Ole who is a Knight and a Pelican, etc.

On the other hand, you also have to remember when doing stats from the OP that many peers got their peerages from other kingdoms not from Atlantia.  (Both of mine were given in the East, for example.)  Also, the on-line armorial usually does not list those who got peerages here but have moved out-kingdom (though that should still be kept in the main database unless things have changed in the last year).

Alisoun, vagrant peer and quondam Clerk of Precedence of Atlantia