[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index][Search Archives]
Stefan's files for April
- To: An Tir maillist <email@example.com>, Middle maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Outlands maillist <email@example.com>, SCA-Cooks maillist m <SCA-Cooks@Ansteorra.org>, SCA-Arts maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, East maillist <email@example.com>, Meridies maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Ansteorra maillist <ansteorra@Ansteorra.org>, Calontir maillist <email@example.com>, Caid maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Bryn Gwlad maillist <bryn-gwlad@Ansteorra.org>, Artemisia maillist <email@example.com>, Atlantia maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Stefan's files for April
- From: "Mark.S Harris" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 13:44:31 -0600
- Organization: Motorola NCSG
- Reply-To: "Mark.S Harris" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
Poster: "Mark.S Harris" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Greetings unto those upon these various mail lists,
I am sending a copy of my monthly article on what is new in my Florilegium
files to various new SCA mail lists this month. If those on these lists have
objections to me doing this, please email me and I will refrain from doing
this in the future. If there is anyone, especially local newsletter editors,
who would like me to add them to the list of people I send this to, please
send me a request giving your name, email address, group and newsletter name.
Editors may reprint my articles if they pay attention to the restrictions
below. While a copy of your newsletter is not required, a notice that you
are doing so would be nice so I can track things. A copy would be appreciated
There are also a number of short articles in my files that make great articles
for newsletters. Please check the articles for any reprint restrictions. I
am also interested in adding more articles from their authors.
A Blending of the Past and Present
Over the past seven years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting bits of
useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and articles submitted
to me by their authors. In order to make this information available to others,
I have placed this information in a series of files I call Stefanís Florilegium.
Florilegium - (literally, "a gathering of flowers"). In medieval times,
Florilegia were collections of choice tidbits (from Ovid, Aristotle, various
popes, church scholars, etc.) arranged topically. Typically, a florilegium is
huge, encyclopedic, and contains only choice selections from particular works.
Anyone interested in these files is encouraged to request a copy of my complete
filelist by email. I can send this filelist or any of these files by email or
by copying them to a computer diskette if you donít have WWW access.
Those of you who have World-Wide-Web (WWW) access can get these files at:
Ld. Stefan li Rous (512)892-0036 email@example.com
Here are the new files for this month:
Isabella-art "Isabella, the She-Wolf of France" by Jan van Seist.
bev-distilled-msg Medieval distilled beverages. Distilling.
Ethiopia-art "The Abyssinian Empire - Africa & Europe
600-1600ish" by Jan van Seist.
lamb-mutton-msg Medieval lamb and mutton. Recipes.
rice-grains-msg Medieval rice and grains. Recipes. Cooking.
Here are some of the files that have had substantial additions this past month:
coffee-msg Coffee and coffee-type drinks.
mottoes-msg Latin mottoes for SCA use.
puddings-msg Medieval puddings. recipes.
Copyright 1998, Mark S. Harris, 5628 Wagon Train Rd. Austin TX 78749.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if the
contents are left unchanged.
List Archives, FAQ, FTP: http://merryrose.atlantia.sca.org/
Admin. requests: firstname.lastname@example.org