Re: What happened to tradition

Poster: Marybeth Lavrakas <lavrakas@email.unc.edu>

Although I was not at Coronation, I experienced some similar problems at
a recent event.  Clean-up crews not only had to patrol for beer bottles,
then also had to pick up the cigarette butts that had been left on the
lake shore (and I understand there were a LOT of them).  And the issue
about people just leaving their cars where they've been told not to has
come up at almost every camping event I've been to in the past year.

Autocrats & other folks, any constructive ideas (beyond trying to remind
people here & verbally) about how to minimze these sorts of problems?  I
know that one group who used a lakeside site actually brought their own
canisters filled with sand so people by the bonfire wouldn't just leave
their butts on the beach.  What solutions there might be to the dern
parking problem, I just don't know!

Kathryn Rous