Re: What happened to tradition

Poster: RowenRhys <RowenRhys@aol.com>

In a message dated 98-03-26 17:41:34 EST, Charlenn@aol.com writes:

<< Just a thought...
 Many individuals may get lax in muddy, rainy weather or when parking far from
 the camping area. Perhaps a cart or wagon service to assist those trying to
 load and unload? It would require more manpower at events but could go a long
 way to lift spirits and would people would be more inclined to park where
they
 should if they know someone is willing to assist them with their baggage.

In the "program" for the event it did make mention of a taxi
service...Although I did not see one (nor did I need service of one because I
didn't camp) at least the idea and opportunity was there...it also mentioned
where all cars must be parked and the specific instructions as to setting up
camp, etc...
Although I have pointed this out I must say that I CAN sympathize with not
knowing the parking rules...I have only camped at one event (Last year's Sheep
Raids) and I didn't quite know what to do with my car...but seeing as others
had parked next to their campsite and the event was also a Demo I did the
same.

Apologies for any past transgressions,  :-)

Rowen ferch Rhys