Re: Steffan's comments

At 09:45 PM 4/6/98 EDT, stephancm@juno.com wrote:

Yeah! I agree with stephancm! (by the way is Steffan the correct spelling
of your name or merely a pseudonym?) Anyway, this is my first time so
please be gentle gentlemen!!! And this IS my real name, so if anyone thinks
that's not true, well check this out: The University of Adelaide blah,
blah, blah

Anyway I came across this stuff on the 'net as I was searching for a long
lost love, and thought, hmmm, am I looking in the wrong place???
But while I'm here: Richard, who I met @ the Exeter on 6/3/98 who is
finishing M.A. in engineering, and told me you love me, and called from
Sydney @ work, bloody contact me!!! I miss you! WEll, it's worth a try!!!!

Better fly

I think that if people want to "take offence to what some one says, why not
attempt to correct the person and guide them to be a better person instead
of beating them to death.  I thought that was what the Society was all
about.  Making each other a better person."

So there! :P

>Poster: stephancm@juno.com
>
>I admit that although my statement is true, it was considered by some to
>be rude and inappropriate.   That may well be,  I admit I don't always
>think before I speak.  But really folks, where is the honor, curtesy, and
>chivalry that you claim to hold so dear, when you send postings to the
>list that are as rude, discourteous and down right mean as those I have
>seen directed at me today.  Does one comment made without thought really
>deserve the degree of abuse expressed here to day.   I expected a lot of
>flak.  But I am truly sad to see those exact same things I am accused of
>echoed in the postings I've seen.
>
>If you take offence to what some one says, why not attempt to correct the
>person and guide them to be a better person instead of beating them to
>death.  I thought that was what the Society was all about.  Making each
>other a better person.
>
>Personally, I believe I deserved some flak.  But I think it got a lot
>carried away here.  People who live in glass houses should be careful
>throwing stones.
>
>Steffan

Title: Telephone, fax & email directory

Staff InformationNetwork

Telephone, fax & email directory

Last update: January 1998 by Toni Luppino

[A][B][C][D][E][F][G][H][I][J][K][L][M][N][O][P][Q][R][S][T][U][V][W][X][Y][Z] [Barr Smith Library] [Law Library] [Performing Arts Library] [Roseworthy Campus Library] [Waite Library] [External] [Back to top] [Back to top] [Back to top] [Back to top] [Back to top] [Back to top] [Back to top] [Back to top] [Back to top] [Back to top] [Back to top] [Back to top] [Back to top] [Back to top] [Back to top] [Back to top]
BARR SMITH LIBRARY
LAW LIBRARY
[Back to top]
PERFORMING ARTS LIBRARY
[Back to top]
ROSEWORTHY CAMPUS LIBRARY
[Back to top]
WAITE CAMPUS LIBRARY
EXTERNAL
Flinders University Library Joint Library Store Flinders University University of South Australia

[Back to top

| LIS | | STAFFNET HOME PAGE |

Love you
Love me