Level of work

Poster: "Terry L. Neill" <longshipco@hotmail.com>

Miri wrote:
>I get the feeling they seem to have a strong
>handle on what level of work is suitable for each award. I don't >think
we really have that in Atlantia.

It appears that way to me, as well.  Though I do not want to see any
kind of 'merit badge' system in the SCA, it would be nice to come to a
closer agreement on the level of, for example, service required for the
Goldin Dolphin.

I maintain that service to one's group *is* service to the Kingdom, and
thus deserves kingdom-level recognition.  Without well-run local groups,
there wouldn't BE a Kingdom.

Others are just as adamant that the Golden Dolphin is for service at the
Kingdom level and that local awards are valid recognition for efforts at
the local level.

Some overall idea of appropriate service, for example, would be of
value.  Perhaps that could be addressed in Order meetings at Unevent and
maybe other places.

Regards!

Terry L. Neill                          Anarra Karlsdottir
The Longship Company, Ltd.              Bright Hills, Atlantia
www.wam.umd.edu/~eowyn/Longship/        Østvik Vikings

            It Takes a Viking to Raze a Village

longshipco@hotmail.com