Re: Arthur (plus some off-topic stuff)

Poster: Erik Dutton <edutton@worldnet.att.net>

> Different versions of the Matter of Britain
> circulate though most of our period.  What's your favorite?

Chretien - definitely. I'm an unreconstructed Romantic, and Chretien was
the one who introduced most of the Romantic aspects that I love so much
<g> - and yes, I am also a fan of the Pre-Raphaelites. If I could build
a chapel in Broceliande, I would be a happy man (I mean yes, I know I
*could*, but it wouldn't be the same without knights errant wandering
through every time it rained).

OFF-TOPIC ALERT:

BTW, is anyone out there familiar with a book called _The Glass
Harmonica_, by Barbara Ninde Byfield? It's from the '60s, and has
recently been reissued as _The Book of Weird_ in trade paperback. It's
basically a field guide to the elements of fairy tales  - everything
from what kind of castle you'll find in what kind of forest (and why) to
a recommended list of henchmen to a chart showing Ogres, Giants, Trolls
and Humans, detailing who will eat who. Very humorous. Highly
recommended to anyone who got into this game even partly because they
were/are hooked on fairy tales.

--
In service,
Rhodri ap Hywel